Joao Pessoa, a coastal city in Brazil, is the second greenest state in the world. The city is also the third oldest city in Brazil. The city of Joao Pessoa, referred to as the Ponta das Seixas, is the easternmost city of South America. Locals sometimes also call the city as ‘the city where the sun rises first.’ Joao Pessoa is the capital city of the Brazilian state, Parabia. The city has a huge forest range and is very much known for its contemporary architecture construction, buildings with historical significance and beautiful tropical beaches. The city has a very pleasant climatic condition throughout the year. The average temperature is about 27 degrees.
The city has a cosmopolitan outlook and is very well juxtaposed with tranquility. This unique combination, and a very low crime rate in the city, makes the city one of the most favorite tourist destinations in the world among foreigners.
Besides being a hot-spot tourist destination in Brazil, the city is of greater significance to Brazil from the economic point of view. The city has huge foreign investment potential, especially in its real estate sector.
Advantages of investing in Joao Pessoa’s real estate sector:
1) Brazil is the host nation for the 2014 FIFA football cup. The two cities, Natal and Recife, which are the chosen venues to hold group stage World Cup matches, are in close proximity to Joao Pessoa. The city is perfectly located at about an hour’s distance from these venues. During the World Cup, visitors to the venue places are doubled and most places for accommodation are full. Investors can cash-in on this opportunity and provide accommodation facilities to the visitors so that they can have access to as many football matches as possible. People who are unable to get tickets for matches can enjoy the game from the cozy environment of their beachside villas.
2) The Federal Government of Brazil, after many years of legal battle, has granted the state government of Joao Pessoa permission to construct a conference centre in the city. The estimated budget of building the centre is about $60 million. With the construction of the centre, the city is experiencing tremendous market growth and its economy is expanding. People from different parts of the country are migrating to the city. Thus, there is great opportunity for investors to invest in building hotels, resorts and other residential and office buildings.
3) Joao Pessoa has a very lively cultural calendar and the city plays a important role in hosting some very high-profile events all through the year. Tourists throng the city round the year to be part of the various events.
4) With business analysts expecting about 25% capital growth in land investment over the next few years, all investment in the city’s real estate sector will provide a healthy return.
5) The Federal government provides tax incentives to investors investing in different cities of the country. Also, considering the stable currency of Brazil, investing in the Joao Pessoa would yield good returns.